Double Take

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

Double Take

Post by zentull »

this is somewhat related to this board and this is probably the only place on earth that someone might know. Does anyone know anything about a record put out in 1984 by 2 guys who called themselves double take? Found it while rummaging through some stuff today. It was a contest of some sorts with finding a gold certificate worth 10,000 dollars by using clues from the record. The first song was about Jacob Waltz. I dont know how I came by it and dont recall ever hearing anything about this contest. The thing was locally produced and released by the guys who recorded it. You were supposed to send in your guess by mail about the location.
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Zentull; The record you speak of was put out by David and Dennis Hage in 1984. During the late 70's and early 80's there was a treasure hunting fad going around the country where one would buy into the game, get clues, and try to figure out where the game treasure was buried. I believe the first one was the hunt for the Golden Rabbit. Anyway, the Hage brothers capitalized on this fad and came out with their version called the hunt for Superstition Gold/Double Take or words to that affect. They put out a record, a book titled; The Official Goldbuster Guidbook, a cassett, and a video. I do not know if anyone ever found the treasure they were promoting. David J. Hage moved to Tucson in l990 and I have not hear from either of them since. I suggest you call David Hage for detailed information pertaining to the search project. Try contacting the Tucson telephone directory assistance opperator for a phone number, providing he is still living in Tucson. Hope this helps. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Haged

Doubletake,Superstition Gold Record,book,video

Post by Haged »

Hi, I know this is old, but just came across this website. I'm one of the brothers in DoubleTake. We have a website, although need to update it! http://www.doubletake-media.com/.
There was a lot of good reaction to the record and we actually ended up making a music video and book about the Superstitions (humorous, hopefully), a jokebook, and our experiences. While the promotion went very well, at the end of the day, it was pretty much a "pay to play" in getting played on the radio - that's why we tried to get around this with the book and video (in fact the video was played on over 50 TV stations, including TNN). I did end up moving to Tucson, but then two years later moving to Southern California, where I work for an electronics company (Dennis, later joined me in S.Cal). I just recently returned to the Superstitions (I hadn't been there for almost 10 years) and saw the museum (unfortunately, our work wasn't there, and I'll probably send them something). If you want a copy of the record/cassette, let me know, and I'll send you one free of charge. To Greg, he was a great source of knowledge and helped even with naming one of the chapters of our book. My email is [email protected]

Regards,

Dave