How about this???

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Knun
Part Timer

How about this???

Post by Knun »

Much has been said about "signs" in the Supes. There have been talk about Cactus markers, monuments, rocks purposely shaped, symbols on rocks, etc.

I personally have seen few. I've seen simple monuments, numerous cactus altered, and some symbols. None of which would merit any discussion. I have found a cactus with a crown cut into it which matches a spanish crown symbol about ten feet up on the cactus.

For the sake of discussion, I'm curious as to what others have discovered in there wonderings. Any truly intriguing signs out there?
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Knun! Old buddy!
FOUR new topics, and good ones, too! Where have you been???
Peter1
Part Timer

Post by Peter1 »

I have not seen much in the way of rock signs.

I have seen banded cactus, one in particular interests me.

The most significant thing we have found (and this was found by a sharp-eyed friend of mine, I was too busy avoiding the catclaw) has been a small stone monument.

We have also found various stone markers, most likely trail markers. They are very old, lichen encrusted etc etc, so I figure they are either from the cowboy/cavalry or Mexican era.

P
Knun
Part Timer

Thanks

Post by Knun »

Wiz,
We need to get back to talking about the Supe legends and stories. All of us want to pick each others brains and learn more. I say we should all post a darn subject pertaining to the mountain......no matter how trivial it may seem....just to foster some discussion.
Bill's been leading this forum (Bill don't twist your panties on this one) for the last two weeks with his Texas bumkin' style and memories.....which is humerous but not pertinent (for the most part). Help me out here.......let's talk Duchman!
I_Found_The_Gold
Greenhorn

Post by I_Found_The_Gold »

Why can't metal detectors be used in the mountains ? I have heard mention of it on these forums in two places. because isnt their detectors that can sense cavities underground ? On myth busters TV show they used one of those. Most of you pretend you didnt read this next part. But what about a phsycic. They have been proven to be very very accurate. The police and the army have been using "phsycics" for decades to uncover some very "uncoverable" cases.
I'm new so please be nice to me !
bill711
Expert

How

Post by bill711 »

newbie; I been told that the ground is too mineralized for a metal detecter, So I was wondering about ground sonic or sonar detecters. This is why I was wondering about that rascally Bob Corbin and how he made out with his??? Everybody went so quite that you could hear a mouse poout from far away. Bill
rochha
Part Timer

Signs and Monuments

Post by rochha »

Knun,

I have photographed several monuments and trail markers, campsite chair, indian head profiles, royal poodles, giant hearts, inbound and outbound markers, face of christ, shadown signs, water signs, mine shrines, eye catchers, directional pointers, a few map rocks as well.

Rochha
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

I've spoken before of the big monument I found that is a ringer for the "miner" petroglyph, with it's attendant monuments and pointers. There's also the "map of the area" on Black Top Mesa (if anyone doesn't know what I mean I'll explain). It seems plain to me what it's purpose was (no, not treasure). And all the usual suspects on Black Top: the ORO, the cross, the Faye Ward.
I too have seen some banded cactus, topped cactus, and really ancient monuments crusted with lichen. Along the Calvary Trail, there are a lot of big monuments, seemingly too large for the Green Suits to have erected. A couple of them are pointers, to what, I don't know. You find monuments in the darndest places out there.
Also seen the debris of those who came before, like Al Reser's camp on Bluff Springs Mtn, and Magill's camp there. Lots of old claim markers and caves fitted out for camping.
Some other things I've found, I'll keep to myself. (There - the added touch of mystery!)
Wiz
Expert

Oh yeah...

Post by Wiz »

The mountains are also lousy with big heart-shaped rocks and indian profiles.
Peter1
Part Timer

Post by Peter1 »

Awwww c'mon Wiz...cant you tell us what you found...pretty please........
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

My lips are sealed! (Just try drinking a beer that way.)
bill711
Expert

how

Post by bill711 »

Wiz; Was they so plentiful that you had to switch them out of your way??? Bill :lol: :wink:
Wiz
Expert

Re: how

Post by Wiz »

bill711 wrote:Wiz; Was they so plentiful that you had to switch them out of your way??? Bill :lol: :wink:
Almost! I mean, if you're out there looking for heart-shaped rocks or indian profiles, there's no shortage of them. I've seen some great ones, and horse heads with and without laid back ears. Anyone who spends time out there will tell the same story - all the bloody cliffs look like indian profiles, and almost every boulder looks like a heart from some angle, if you want it to.
bill711
Expert

AHOWA

Post by bill711 »

Wiz; All I can think that might be of help is think of something alittle less plentiful to look for!! IT seems all the others are seeing monuments and cactus with woodpecker cuts around them.. I wish you luck. Bill :wink:
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Shapes

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Bill and Wiz,

The shapes and profiles you mention are not only found throughout the Superstitions, but everywhere in nature. Finding a specific item is not the end of the search, unless it is full of gold. :lol:

The clues you speak of are all just one part of the puzzle. This puzzle is all black or all white. It looks like the pieces can fit anywhere.

Good luck.

Respectfullly,

Joe
Wiz
Expert

Re: AHOWA

Post by Wiz »

bill711 wrote:Wiz; All I can think that might be of help is think of something alittle less plentiful to look for!! IT seems all the others are seeing monuments and cactus with woodpecker cuts around them.. I wish you luck. Bill :wink:
No argument here! You could go nuts following up on every head-shaped or heart-shaped rock out there. Also, there are a lot of cactus that look banded, but I suspect were actually just affected by a drought or something and so have a skinny spot on them. Genuine banded ones aren't that plentiful, and look a little different.
Thanks, and good luck to you too.
bill711
Expert

Signs

Post by bill711 »

WIZ; Is the Fay Ward sign The big butt sign?? Bill :roll:
Wiz
Expert

Re: Signs

Post by Wiz »

bill711 wrote:WIZ; Is the Fay Ward sign The big butt sign?? Bill :roll:
I think I just lost my reply, so here it is again.
No, it's just graffiti. I can't find my photos, but it says "Fay Ward" and then a year, 1953 or something. It's on Black Top Mesa, on the cliff face just beyond the "Spanish Heiroglyphics", right next to the "map of the area". There's also the words "J WALTZ" and another date, I think 1887.
Scott
Part Timer

markers

Post by Scott »

I spent literal years tracking "markers".Its easy to "find the way" when your sure of the destination.The influlence of others in the quest will taint the objectivity of any searcher.I have bored and blasted more "areas of intrest" than most.The slightest form.inclusion or infered
shape becomes a marker!!!I have seen real markers called natural .And
wind sculpted forms called manufactured.I have not seen a cactus marker on a standing saguaro in 10 years.all are down.But there are
marks that I have made and witness as over 30 years old.It begs the answer as to how old are the cactus.I retract the sentence all cactus markers are down.I remeber following one group to the river .It may have been luck that caches were located near trails that seemed to
follow the cactus "marks".Regards, Scott/