To Greg Davis

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Wiz
Expert

To Greg Davis

Post by Wiz »

Greg, it's good to see you posting here. This place really needs you!

In another thread, you suggested contacting Clay Worst for some information. This brings up a question I've had: How amenable are you and he to having people (OK, Dutch hunters) just contact you out of the blue? I have many times wanted to speak with either or both of you, but I don't want to be rude and just be another guy calling to pick your brains. I've always felt that, being who you are, you must get little enough privacy as it is without me calling you to talk Dutchman.

So, could you set us all straight regarding your feelings about this? I'll certainly respect your wishes either way.

Thanks.
- Wiz
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

Wiz: I am always glad to receive visitors, answer phone calls, and help people who have questions pertaining to our area of interest or other topics. Remember thought, my primary focus is to Collect, Acccumulate, Protect, and Organize everything and anything I can find regarding the History and Folklore of the Superstition Mountain area and surrounding region and associatd items of interest. It's one of my hobbies and one that consumes a lot of time. I also take care of the archives, collections, books and research items for the Superstition Mountain Historical Society and the Dons Club of Arizona. I try to read each item at least once when it's obtained and then it's bestowed to the bookshelf. All this leaves little time to do research unless I am doing a specific article for the journal. You see, "There's not much of a brain to pick" for specifics, but I can direct you to the books and files where you can research your questions. On a personal note, Wiz, I am a professional pilot working as the senior captain for a freight company called Ameriflight. Its the largest FAR part 135 air freight company in the country. I fly 2 aircraft types and currenty going through training for a Fairchild Metroliner (cargo version) which is one dificult plane to learn to fly professionally. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the training program keeps being delayed thus disrupting my normal schedual to the point I cannot commit to any projects. I won't go into details, its just to lone of a story. This is one reason I have not been very active in the Dutch community for the last year. Hopefully this will change when trainging is concluded. I retire in four years and then I will have the time to really get my teeth into the projects for the museum and the library. The reason I am not active on the forum, again it is a time problem. With my current non-schedual reserve schedual at work, I may put in as much as a 16 hour day. This leaves litte time to run a house and everything else. Today starts a week vacation so that is why I am writing some letters to the forum. Then it will be back to seclusion. Well, enough, this is getting to lone. Hope I have answered your questions and again, to everyone, feel free to contact me by letter or email ([email protected]) or phone (In the early afternoon). I am listed in the Tempe phone directory. Cordially Greg Davis