bra salesman

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

bra salesman

Post by dutch elm disease »

anybody know what became of bruderlin(possibly mispelt) the ex bra salesman who claimed to have found the mine way back?
tomtom
Greenhorn

Post by tomtom »

hello dutch elm disease
brudelins claims(although largely ignored by mordern day "authors")nevertheless warrant closer scrutiny.it seems indeed he was-in some measure at least- a fraud.but of course if every "fraud"(whether entirely or partly) was ignored-there really wouldnt be very much for us to talk about -would there?that he did find "something" isnt open to doubt-he most certainly did! the amount or location unfortunately is.
for some reason he doesnt make "good copy" which in itself is a pity.his "credentials" measure up at leasrt as well as any of the other "dutchman players"i would hazard a guess that his activities are not the "fashion" instead arrant nonsense such as the never ending saga of the stone maps takes the forefront and then meander off down diverse and numerous avenues-each tale (or derivative of) adding its own ever more ludicrous claims.
my advice dutch elm disease is pursue the evidence of bruderlins claims-but research thoroughly -think it out yourself-if you are capable -which based on the evidence ive seen on this forum so far from most of contributors i seriously doubt.
if you need research links send me private memo and ill reply as and when time permits
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

id be grateful for any links u may send thanks.
just a suggestion...it may beeasier for you on here if u werent quite so dismissive of the forums posters. there are quite enough petty silly squabbles9(ive been involved in a few petty arguments myself)on here .without deliberately inciting another with comments that suggest the forum members cant think forthemselves.
im not a student or even a believer in the stone maps myself but your statement dismissing them as "arrant nonsense" might warrant somequalification or validation. the statement "arrant nonsense" isnt enough ...please elaborate.

thanks
Roger
Part Timer

Newspaper Article on Bruderlin

Post by Roger »

While doing LDM research, I found an article in the Arizona State Library published by The Arizona Times, Volume 4 - No. 10, titled "Mystery Map Leads to Bruderlin Mine". The article covers Bruderlin's story and has a copy of the map he claims would lead to te "Mountain of Shafts" on which the LDM was supposedly located. The map is not very specific and hard to determine how it relates to the Superstitions. I didn't get much out of it, but it is the only reference I have seen on Bruderlin.

Roger
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Give And Take

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

tomtom,

You said:

"i would hazard a guess that his activities are not the "fashion" instead arrant nonsense such as the never ending saga of the stone maps takes the forefront and then meander off down diverse and numerous avenues-each tale (or derivative of) adding its own ever more ludicrous claims."

Since this is only your fourth post, it has been hard to really understand the level of your intellingence quotient. Said post has helped us all get a better handle on where you are (mentally) coming from. That information would be the first step in having any productive discourse with you.

The number of "meaningful" posts on this forum has died off lately. Some of us have resorted to topics which take us well beyond the LDM and the Superstition Mountains. I have personally had conversations with only one other person involved, and was glad to have the opportunity.

Now that you have decided to "weigh in" with your own opinions and expertise, I can only imagine the enormous amount of excitement that has been created amongst the brethren. While your last post did not seem to reach the high bar that you have set for the rest of us, I have little doubt that the flood gates of knowledge will soon inundate those of us who remain in the valleys of mediocre I.Q.

As one of those who is steeped in the "arrant nonsense" and "ludicrous claims" that surround the Stone Maps, I must tell you I am really looking forward to your providing the "light" which will guide me to the most important and true facts concerning all things Dutchman and Supes.

You will find a few "teachers" among the members who will be more than happy to substitute when you need a break, or to assist you with the more unruly or recalcitrant apostates. The guilty may be found within the many Stone Map topics (with thousands of views) and many hundreds of replies. In case you are more mathematically inclined than a prolific reader of words, just look for the topics with the largest NUMBERS next to them. Peter will be happy to explain why those numbers are so large.
I am sure it must have something to do with the participants low I.Q.

Sorry this post was so long, I just wanted to make sure I got in every word I could think of with my limited abilities. I think I did pretty well and probably managed the entire list. Probably should have put a few :lol: :lol: :lol: s in this thing.

Respectfully,

Jo
Last edited by Joe Ribaudo on Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

You folks interested in Henry Bruderlin might want to take a look at SMHS Journal #17. Bruderlin is the handsome fellow on page 8. Theres an excellent article on Bruderlin and some of his finds in that issue by Greg Davis.

Come to think of it, there's lots of handsome fellows in that particular issue... 8)

P
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

Tomtom,
Because Joe Is a Silver Tongue Devil, I will put it in words most of us will
understand. " Put up or shut up ".

Terry
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Terry,

I had no idea I said anything at all in that post. 8O

Thanks for clearing up my message, for me.

Respectfully,

Joe
TC ASKEY
Part Timer

Post by TC ASKEY »

Dutch Elm Disease,

From what I understand, the place where Henry Bruderlin found "something", is in the Goldfield area. I also understand that Bruderlin filed claims almost everywhere within the Wilderness Boundary. I would not be surprised to learn that the " Expert " that offered you the information, is not the Bra Salesman you are referring too.

Terry
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

under the title FAMED LOST DUTCHMAN TREASURE BELIEVED FOUND
henry h bruderlins escapades are chronicled. one paragraph reads thus;"bruderlins find is hailed among pheonix mining circles as a discovery of first importance.little doubt has been expressed that these are seven of the eight mines worked in the early 1840s etcetc etc"
my question might be ..just who would qualify as being among "pheonix mining circles" fellow prospectors?the intelligentsia? mining experts? and would their opinion REALLYmean much?
i still dont know what became of either him or the "find" and unless our new resident "expert" can enlighten me i fear i never will.theres just not very much information about him...maybe wuith good reason/?
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

"DED" & Co,

Simply read the article on Henry Bruderlin in SMHS Journal #17. All the info you are asking about is in there.

P
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

"peter"
thanks but i prefer the "original" sources but suggestion welcomed
"ded"
tomtom
Greenhorn

Post by tomtom »

well well well! you sure have collatedb a vast amount of knowledge MR dutch elm disease havent you?at that rate you could well have the information you require some time around the turn of the next millenium!
now mr joe ribuado i have read your pathetic at sarcasm and have found it severely lacking in many ways.YOU had your portion of the golden fleece some few weeks ago-you had the lead-you quite obviously didnt follow up on it! was that because you couldnt find TEXAS on the map? or as a least likekly reason ,maybe you were unable to spell the word? if so the correct spelling goes thus:T-E-X-A-S. YOUR i.q HAS NO INTEREST TO ME -any more than the rest of the forums-although the fact that it seems considerabley lower than the general populaces comes as no surprise to me!
listening to the forums comments it may lead me to believe i am regarded as being a tad bombastic. well if bombastic i am regarded as being-then bombastic it can be. however I have over the years earned my right to that very privilege.when teaching is required,you push the student to discover the answers ,not blithely provide the answers.if mr ribuado you care to sniff around my heels long enough ,i may inadvertantly drop a few priceless hints in your direction,but first seek out the truth yourself -that is my advice.
As for the stone map story it may be better suited as filler material for one of edward lears works
bill711
Expert

Bra salesman

Post by bill711 »

Whew, boy, I swain, Somebody fan me!!!! Bill
rochha
Part Timer

Hostility

Post by rochha »

Tomtom,

Hello again, I am curious about something, are you allways this pleasant? Am I the one who has made you like this, was my apology not accepted? Cant we all just get along....................

Rochha
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Gold to Brass

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

tomtom,

You said:
"now mr joe ribuado i have read your pathetic at sarcasm and have found it severely lacking in many ways."

Your comment lacks many things, not the least of which is the word "attempt". So that you will have something to keep you busy for the next few days, I will not explain where that word should have appeared. :lol:

[tomtom]

"YOU had your portion of the golden fleece some few weeks ago-you had the lead-you quite obviously didnt follow up on it! was that because you couldnt find TEXAS on the map? or as a least likekly reason ,maybe you were unable to spell the word?"

Well... sir,

I had someone else explain all the big words in your previous post and had no problem following up on it. I did the best I could from Arizona, and I am convinced that your "golden fleece" may actually be polished brass, or worse, "fool's" gold. :wink:

You may rest assured that if, in your headlong rush to "bombastic" immortality, reality brings you up short (not much danger of that happening), you will not be bowled over by my fawning exuberance.

[tomtom]
"YOUR i.q HAS NO INTEREST TO ME -any more than the rest of the forums-although the fact that it seems considerabley lower than the general populaces comes as no surprise to me!"

"my advice dutch elm disease is pursue the evidence of bruderlins claims-but research thoroughly -think it out yourself-if you are capable -which based on the evidence ive seen on this forum so far from most of contributors i seriously doubt."

Now it may seem to you that this last comment (which could use a lot of help) shows no interest in the mental capabilities of myself, or the "rest of the forums" in general, most would consider your unsolicited opinion as showing, at least, a modicum of "interest".

Sorry you found my post so lacking in any decent "sarcasm". I tried so hard. :lol:

You know, tomtom, your little game of "I know something (really important) and you don't", reminds me of someone. Just can't think of who that someone is. :wink:

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
dutch elm disease
Part Timer

tom tom
you are becoming faintly irritating.scoff if u will at my pitiable attempt to acquire some information about bruderlin.and i agree its sparse but wheres your contribution?
azdave35
Part Timer

smhs journal #17

Post by azdave35 »

where can i find the smhs #17?...can i read it online?....thank you
Wiz
Expert

Re: smhs journal #17

Post by Wiz »

azdave35 wrote:where can i find the smhs #17?...can i read it online?....thank you
The SMHS generally has back issues of the journal available for a reasonable price, about $7.00 I think.

(480) 983-4888
www.superstitionmountainmuseum.org
tomtom
Greenhorn

Post by tomtom »

well?
i dont hear any replies
rochha
Part Timer

Replies

Post by rochha »

Tomtom,

Respectfully, but any replies to what?

Rochha
S.C.
Part Timer

Post by S.C. »

Not to spoil someone's reading pleasure in going over the SMHS Journal story by Greg Davis on Bruderlin, but I'd like to mention something of interest.

Bruderlin's son grew up to become an actor. One you might be familiar with. Bruderlin's son took the stage name James Brolin. Yes. That's right. THE James Brolin. The actor of Marcus Welby fame. Westworld. Capricorn One. Etc. Etc. Etc. Seems Mr. Brolin has an interesting spouse. Perhaps you have heard of her. Barbara Striesand.

I am sure at one time or another either Ron Feldman or Tom Kollenborn packed in Brolin for a visit to the Superstitions. Not an idle visit - more a return to his father's stomping grounds....
S.C.
Part Timer

Reply, yet again....

Post by S.C. »

Perhaps I should clarify my last statement. People sometimes read more into things than intended.

I read somewhere that James Brolin visted the Superstitions. I can't remember if Tom Kollenborn acted as guide or if Ron packed him in. My point was that such a visit was not just an idle one. Brolin was taking a trip down memory lane - visiting a place special to his father. I did not mean to make it seem he himself was searching for the LDM or a Peralta mine. Just that he did visit the mountains and - to him - it was a special visit because of his father's interest in the mountains.
Gregory E. Davis
Part Timer

Post by Gregory E. Davis »

If you are really interested in the details of Henry Bruderlin, I would suggest you contact Clay Worst in Apache Junction. He knew Henry very well, espectially during the period Henry was working in the mountains. They became good friends over the course of time and have kept in contact with each other. Leave a message with Shirley at the Superstition Mountain Museum that you want to contact Clay. If Clay HAS the TIME and wants to reply, he will. If not, he won't. Cordially, Greg Davis
bill711
Expert

bra salesman

Post by bill711 »

DED; are you the bra salesman? Do you get to stay in the room when they try them on? ARE the girls pretty?? Tell us all about this job... Bill