THE PRIEST AND HEART

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
OLTIMER
Greenhorn

THE PRIEST AND HEART

Post by OLTIMER »

HI, MY NAMES LARRY [ OLTIMER ] IT WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO BACK IN THE LATE 60s THAT I FOUND THE PRIEST ROCK QUITE BY ACCIDENT. I WAS COMING HOME FROM CA. AND DECIDED TO STOP BY THE SUPERSTIONS FOR COUPLE OF DAYS. WENT AROUND TO THE LAKE TO MAKE CAMP, AND CLIMBED AROUND THE HILLS JUST SOUTH OF IT. FOUND A COUPLE OF OLD PROSPECT HOLES IN THE SIDES. ON DAY TWO I TOOK OFF CROSS COUNTRY INTO THE MOUNTAINS. IT WAS MIGHTY HOT AND ABOUT MIDDAY I STOPPED AND SAT DOWN IN THE SHADE OF A LARGE ROCK, I TOOK OFF MY STRAW HAT AND STARTED FANNING MY FACE AND LOOKED UP. THER WAS THE PRIEST, ALL DETAILS SAME AS ON THE STONE TABLET, CAP, FACE, ROBES, HAIR, IT LASTED FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, I WAS THINKING THIS HAD TO BE A HOAX, BUT WHO WOULD GO TO THIS MUCH WORK BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! I DIDN"T HAVE MUCH TIME TO LOOK AROUND IT AS IT WAS GETTING LATE AND I HAD TO FIND MY WAY OUT.
WHEN I GOT HOME I SENT FOR TOPO MAPS OF THE AREA AND ALL AROUND, THEN I GOT AN ARCHITECT RULER. I MARKED WHERE THE PRIEST WAS ON THE TOPO AND MEASURED BY MM TO DIFFERENT AREAS THEN I USED THE HEART STONE AND DID THE SAME. I USED THE 32 IN. VERA THEN CHANGED TO FOOTAGE.
OLTIMER
Greenhorn

THE PRIEST AND HEART

Post by OLTIMER »

SORRY, RAN OUT OF SPACE HAVE SOME PIC.s BUT HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THEM ON? THANKS=OLTIMER
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Hi Oltimer,
No one seems to have welcomed you to the site yet, so let me be the first.
I look forward to seeing your pictures!
count
Expert

Post by count »

These are Oltimer's pictures.

To add photos to your postings you must upload them to the Members Archive first and then use the img tags here with the photos url.

To find out the photos url, right mouse click on the photo, select properties, highlight and copy and paste the Address URL between the img tags.
count
Expert

Post by count »

These are Oltimer's pictures.

To add photos to your postings you must upload them to the Members Archive first and then use the img tags here with the photos url.

To find out the photos url, right mouse click on the photo, select properties, highlight and copy and paste the Address URL between the img tags.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

Oltimer,

The top pic is a great looking heart. I'm assuming the priest is in the bottom one, but I can't see it. Can you point out a detail or two to get me started? It must be like those weird 3-D pictures, you can stare at it for an hour then suddenly the picture jumps out at you.
OLTIMER
Greenhorn

Post by OLTIMER »

HI WIZ, THE BOTTOM PIC. IS A SMALL CAVE UNDER THE HEART, THERE IS SOMETHING ROUND AND POINTED THAT STICKS OUT FROM THE BOTTOM, I WILL TRY TO GET A BLOW-UP OF IT WHEN I LEARN HOW TO USE SCANNER. THE PLACE I MARKED LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE A DATE I WILL TRY TO BLOW THIS UP TO=OLTIMER
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Pictures

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Larry,

Nice pictures. I hope they lead you to a huge pot of gold. Did you find anything else? Your pictures are not of a high enough quality to blow up as we receive them here. Perhaps you will have better luck with the originals. Something that really helps is to reverse negative the picture.
Makes your "Priest" really show up.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo
OLTIMER
Greenhorn

PICTURES

Post by OLTIMER »

I HAVE PUT SOME PICTURES ON THE MEMBERS ARCHIVES. WILL ADD OTHERS, WOULD LIKE ANY COMMENTS. I AM HOPING TO SEND MY SON OUT THERE SOON. THANKS= OLTIMER