Documents

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Documents

Post by Thomas Glover »

Aurum’s point about “the forum having no way to post copies of documents buried deep in archives and historical collections”, (which has been noted in the past) is a good one. And his offer to try and mail copies to all who request them is more than generous – especially considering he (or anyone else) could be inundated.

I have a suggestion, if anyone wants maps or documents or photos made available either email them to me or snail mail them to me and I will post them on the Internet in PDF format. This means the document or map, or whatever will appear and print as the original. PDF files are easy to open all you need is Acrobat Reader which is a free (and standard) download. Thoughts?
Knun
Part Timer

Post by Knun »

The problem as I see it is the inability to post "attachments." How do you purpose to submit PDF files? Embedded directly in the message???
Thomas Glover
Part Timer

Post by Thomas Glover »

Knun,

The PDF files would be posted on a different web page. I would post the url and with a click one would be at the page, then print or download the file and with a single click of the back button one would be back on the forum. Its a simple matter to set this type of thing up. Someone would simply send an attachment to me, I post it, and then list it on the forum. If one could not send it as an attachment, then by snail mail and it is scanned and posted.
count
Expert

Post by count »

Please give me some specifics, such as file types and sizes, about the documents you want to upload and if you want them to be part of the postings on the forum or if they could be placed in another part of the website or if a new section needs to be created on the site. In most cases if I know what you want, it can be done.

Thx
Webmaster
Aurum
Part Timer

Sources of reference posted on the forum.

Post by Aurum »

xx
Last edited by Aurum on Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
count
Expert

Post by count »

You can now add photos to the new Members Archive. It is located on the homepage www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com in the Main Menu at the upper left hand of the page.

To add photos email me for a password at [email protected]

The photos should be in jpg or jpg format
count
Expert

Post by count »

These are Oltimer's pictures.

To add photos to your postings you must upload them to the Members Archive first and then use the img tags here with the photos url.

To find out the photos url, right mouse click on the photo, select properties, highlight and copy and paste the Address URL between the img tags.