zentull
Expert

Dutch Hunter secrets

Post by zentull »

DELETED
nicoh
Greenhorn

Post by nicoh »

I think we all share that same queasiness when thinking about the destruction of great (historical, sacred, mysterious, you name the adjective...) places, especially ones to which we've grown attached.
But I think it's also safe to say that not one person who's tuned into this website is the kind that would defile such places. Quite the contrary. I'd bet everything I have that at least 50% of the persons on this forum not only pack in/pack out, but also pack out other unthinking assholes' garbage.
So I don't buy the whole "mum's the word because we don't want our stuff defiled by the public at large" sentiment.
I know this braises the topic a new person brought up, that of someone mentioning something that's taboo, only to be cryptic (at best) about it after bringing it up. I've not decided what my take on that is, yet.
Dos pesos, dos paces
n
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

The Changes seen? Almost all cactus markers gone.The access road to our area is now maintained,mining markers ,geo survey ,and monument markers are torn down or stolen each season.Houses on Peraltra trail,Jack in box instead of the Golden West,cold beer at Ned Cross.
Times have changed,but we havent yet. There are still scraps from WW2 aerial practice and the geologic survey crew of 1917 to be found.
Wranglers lost boot strap is still tacked to an old ironwood stump waiting for its owner to claim it.
And there are still idiots claiming to be divine and MN directed to fill in prospects,deface/destroy goods and trespass. Some things never change.
some thing will never be the same.