Daylight

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Daylight

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Killing the messenger because you don't like the message is a little old fashioned.

It seems to me that the forum has provided a source for putting some daylight on more than a few subjects that needed airing. You have all been an important part of shining that light on a number of controversial topics. More participation, rather than less (or none) seems like the proper reaction to these sensitive posts.

Although the topics sometimes hit a little too close to home (for some) those topics are not the heart and soul of this forum. People like Aurum, S.C., Peter, Azmulla and others (some no longer on the forum) are the ones who have breathed life into Ron's creation. With your combined knowledge and willingness to share your experiences and research with
the members, you have enriched us all. This willing exchange of hard won information is more important than the information itself and binds us all together in a brotherhood that is unique and rewarding. If you consider the vast number of people who have passed through this world since the death of Jacob Waltz, those who have searched for mines or treasures in the Superstitions are a small and exclusive group. We all belong to that fraternity and need to strengthen that bond, not weaken it.

Some recent posts and harsh words in others (of which I have been a part) have placed a pall on this forum. We all need to get beyond the mistakes that have been made and return to what we all love: thinking about, talking about and searching for the treasures of the Superstition Mountains.

It is time for those who have left to return. It is time for talk, not silence.

Joe Ribaudo
[email protected]
Scott
Part Timer

killers in the nite.

Post by Scott »

Killing the messenger is timeless Joe,Those words are among the first ever recorded. The Slayers attempt to gain creadence over those that have differing ideas by threating or discounting the messenger voice.
That type of misdirection keeps the ideas going in one direction,Their direction.Hey I could start a line of BS,write a book and have the next generation of LDM hunters dissecting my every phrase and word.It would at least benifit my next of kin.I could just change a few directions or names.LOL.
I have been indirectly threatened on this board already.
There were several Men who protested at the time.Thanks guys . I was not run off this board. I gained valued info.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

The messenger in this case, was the LDM Discussions Forum, rather than any single member. It may be that everyone is just too busy right now, but it has been pretty quiet for some time now.

How is your search coming along? Is it starting to get too hot in the mountains? I remember my first trip in, at thirteen, the huge canteen we had tied onto the pack got so hot it was impossible to drink out of it. That was a fun trip. :)

Joe Ribaudo
Scott
Part Timer

Staying out during April

Post by Scott »

Several interlaced conditions kept me from the area in April.I just make up excusses to stay out during the month of April.I was told by a mentor some 25 plus years ago to stay out during this time of year.He was asked some 60 yrs ago to avoid the area,So I do,We all did.
The reasons for this absence during late march and april seems to be forgotten by those people who we respect.
I dont see us going back in until the late summer.I am sorry to read about the loss of signs of habitation in the supers. The areas we visit are usually overlooked. There are remains that have not been touched in 20 years.Those wont last. Time will continue to reveal the telltale signs of filled shafts,And remove any remaining original trail markers and monuments for future hunters.This could be good or bad.
The area is becoming urbanized .I get cell phone availibilty now from 90% of the areas.People are everywhere doing dozens of activities in the area.Bringing the dutchman into the 21st century ,Molon Labe.