First Trip To Sup Mtns

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Newbie Dutchdigger
Greenhorn

First Trip To Sup Mtns

Post by Newbie Dutchdigger »

Hi all. I ran across this sight while looking for something to do on an umcoming vacation to Mesa, and have spent probably 30 hours reading various posts. I'm curious if anyone out there has ever taken a trail ride out of OK Corrals or Don Donnelly stables, and if so, what kind of
experience they had overall. Not looking to use them to go treasure hunting by any means, just a nice relaxing way to spend the day, although if possible it would be
nice to see some of the sights you all are mentioning in your posts. How far from Apache Junction are any of these places? (I should have made notes on the ones I
thought were interesting, not enough time to reread all the topics) My wifes folks spent winters in Mesa, so I might get there every winter, if the checkbook says I
can. I am by NO means looking to step on anyones toes, use anyones hard sought and well researched clues, or do I have any idea of how one would go about
starting a search for the LDM, though I have learned a lot about it from reading through your threads. As I say, simply looking for anyone that used the above
stables, and any suggestions anyone might have as to a place to go to just to see some of the things you are all able to speak at length about. As far as I know at
this point, the trail rides are on the same route every time and never get anywhere near anything pertaining to the LDM, but I thought this might be a good place to
start. Thank you one and all for any replies.

p.s. Last year when we were down, we did drive down to what I believe was First Waters Trail Head (?) and spent two hours just hiking around, very beautiful area. It was a very rough ride, big potholes/washouts, probably 1-2 miles in from the main station?
Aurum
Part Timer

Post by Aurum »

xx
Last edited by Aurum on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
count
Expert

Welcome to the site Newbie Dutchdigger

Post by count »

Ron Feldman is the owner of OK Corral and sponsor of this site. :wink: He has regular horseback trips into the Superstitions and a few times a year Ron and Tom Kollenborn get togather to host special "Lost Dutchman" 3 day expedition rides into the mountains.
Newbie Dutchdigger
Greenhorn

Thank you aurum and count, I appreciate the feedback. I will get ahold of OK Corrals today and see what I can find out.
Newbie Dutchdigger
Greenhorn

Well, talked to Sue (?) today at OK Corral, have a reservation for 2/20. The 3 day trip would be wonderful, but I'm not sure my wife would be that interested in it. Thanks again for the recommendation. She said Ron should be around then too, will be nice to meet him. Had a high of 2 degrees here in Middle Of Nowhere, Minnesota, so 70 will be a very welcome change. Can't wait to get there!!