Spanish Mine Trail Markers

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
charlie
Part Timer

Spanish Mine Trail Markers

Post by charlie »

Charles Kenworthy identified in "Treasure Signs Symbols Shadow and Sun Signs" trail markers which he claims were mandated by the King of Spain to mark trails to the mines to aid in unfamiliar officials in locating mines belonging to families killed by the indians. :o

Has anyone met Charles Kenworthy and have personal perspectives on his character?

Has anyone copies of the professed document giving the signs and symbols to be used to mark mine trails?

Have you seen such signs in the wilderness?

Have such signs led to a recognized mine?

Charles Kenworthy also wrote a book on the LDM. He claims to have located a mine, not the LDM, which he describes how the markers helped his locating the "Peralta Mine."

I cannot see, from an aerial image, the "Indian Profile" he shows, but I have seen an Indian face on the ground. :?:
Charlie
Scott
Part Timer

Post by Scott »

Hello Charlie, Welcome aboard.I must say ,you show a lot of balls by posting directions to your "area of intrest".
I will try and answer some of your ?'s that I can.
There were many trail and monument markers and prayer tablets that were destroyed thru the years.The large trail markers were defaced and most of the organic Spanish markers are down. The smaller markers were taken and are likely patio stones in Malibu. The arrasta's were dragged over and replanted over .The forrest service destroyed trails and rerouted others into box canyons./turn arounds.
People were turning over every stone on some of the trails,and digging holes everywhere.Many of the "signs" on rocks are just the doodles made by young indians,or anglos.I learned second hand about those "prayer tablets".They were destroyed or lost.Several parts are likely in some AJ BBQ.
Several of the mines that were described in Kenworthy's books have been found.One group has found 3 that were pinpointed by the info he printed.Some are in the southern part of Az.,Mexico,Utah .and in the LDM area.There are people who feel that they are the protectorate of some the earth.They have been known to refill or cover over active mining monuments and markers,destroy equipment and property ,and fill the workings with garbage and fill.It has been over 15 years since I last ran a trail. 3 weeks ago I searched a trail marker,A Jack in the box parking lot took its place .
I have been shown several "Indian Head " markers in the field and several bring backs. I never saw anything in these markers.The Indians did not need such things and the Spanish markers were only used where direction was needed and were as permenent as possible.
Aurum
Part Timer

Post by Aurum »

xx