Helen Corbin's new book

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
count
Expert

Helen Corbin's new book

Post by count »

The new book by Helen Corbin "The Bible on the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine and Jacob Waltz" is available online at the Superstition Mountain Museum website. Use the link to order your copy.

http://superstitionmountainmuseum.org/b ... s-mine.htm
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

...But only to complete your collection. This has to be one of the worst-written books on the subject. There's some interesting stuff (e.g. the Cavaness journal), but it's wrapped in the most irritating pile of sensationalist, poorly-researched drivel I've ever read. It's easy to tell which parts were written by Corbin!
don
Part Timer

corbin

Post by don »

i second that emotion wiz-in fact while the content was somewhat different from first book i think it was a case of same s--- but different cover. but im surprised that corbin has supposedly recieved journalistic awards from the italian version of west point lol. they must give these awards away free with her luncheon vouchers .
Wiz
Expert

Re: corbin

Post by Wiz »

don wrote:im surprised that corbin has supposedly recieved journalistic awards from the italian version of west point lol. they must give these awards away free with her luncheon vouchers .
Hee hee hee! :mrgreen:

Hey! Where's my emoticon?
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

Deleted.
Last edited by LDM on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiz
Expert

Post by Wiz »

LDM,
That was supposed to be an emoticon of a green face with a big old toothy grin, but the emoticon never appeared.
Just being silly!
S.C.
Part Timer

Mr. Green

Post by S.C. »

Ahhh... I see. I wonder myself about that.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

Well, Helens book may be poorly written, researched and thought out.....but arent we the dummies who plunked down our hard earned cash to buy it anyways...just because it pertained to the LDM.

I almost feel bad for her (but not quite). I doubt this book will receive the circulation of Glover's book.... and Helen's esteem and reputation seems to have taken quite a hit because of the shennanigans that went along with
writing and publishing her "bible".

Does Helen (or Bob) think they will ever again be trusted with any "secret"
(and I use the term loosely here) information from any other sources?
Perhaps Helen might publish her husbands findings over the years about the LDM.....though I suspect that might not occur anytime soon...not because she wont reveal his secrets..but because there would hardly be enough material to fill a chapter....let alone a book....lol
LDM
Part Timer

Post by LDM »

Deleted.
Last edited by LDM on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Expert

Post by Peter »

LDM

The problem with the Corbin book, of course, is the inability of the author
to add 1+1 and arrive at the correct sum..that is: 2.

Just as well though. If someone with the material she "borrowed" was actually able to reason things thru properly they might actually come pretty close to a solution to the puzzle.

Hmmm I dont seem to be making many friends in the Corbin camp.

Oh well.
old7up

Helen's Bible of the LDM

Post by old7up »

Her research may go in directions we were not expecting but to point to the Apache as the main reason for the murders/ deheadings is too simple. Yes history shows they had reason to get even with " White eyes" but when people stayed away from weaver's needle the Apache in the later 1900's usually left them alone. There were other people who also didn't want outsiders finding the mine!