Anything new of any consequence these last few years?

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
don
Part Timer

Anything new of any consequence these last few years?

Post by don »

Been a while since I last visited this site.Way back then when it was difficult to read 3 consectutive (sic) posts without someone attacking someone else.While that plainly isn't desirable,it did at least show that there was a degree of passion involved-nothing wrong with that I guess. Flipped through a few threads here just now,and it seems peace has been declared at long last (unless I have missed something) Unfortunately the passion has also disappeared it seems ,from this strange "hobby"....Still I guess one cant have everything.
Anyhow that's not what I originally intended to write about. Just wondered if there had been any recent (last 2 years or so) revelations of any kind .Mostly,regarding but not confined to Adolph Ruths murder/accidental death/suicide and surrounding issues. ? Living in Britain Im hardly in the front line newswise,which is the reason Im asking .
Cant help feeling that most of the legend is/was originally a small hoax which took upon itself a life of its own .Took me a long long time to come to that conclusion and of course I know that others would vehemently disagree with me.Thats ok each to his own .
I see you are still here Joe (Ribuado) hope you and your family are keeping well and still flying the flag.
regards to all
Don update your email address
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: Anything new of any consequence these last few years?

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Don,

Good to see you posting again and hope you and the family are all doing well.

Not much action on this site anymore, but it's still a great research tool. Put in a key word in the search function and it will take you to the correct posts.

Most of the old posters have migrated to DUSA or TNet.com. Both have moderators and, for the most part, don't allow the mindless attacks that tend to ruin these sites. To find any of the new news, you should probably visit those sites I mentioned.

Hope to see you posting again.

Take care,

Joe
don
Part Timer

Re: Anything new of any consequence these last few years?

Post by don »

Hi Joe,
thanks for the reply.Not much going on here as you say..seems odd compared how it used to be. :wink:
Anyway hiked over to treasure net as you suggested.interesting thread about the guy who solved the mystery in 30 minutes and seems to have found 520,000 pounds of gold ,or rather its location. Didn't bother after that other than looked at the beale mystery thread,i see they are still pushing the beale codes nonsense ..In short not impressed very much ,maybe other threads are more sensible but couldn't be bothered. Pity about this site,but as you say a good research tool.Any idea why everybody has deserted?
kind regards
Don update your email address