Donations needed to keep LDM website alive

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
count
Expert

Donations needed to keep LDM website alive

Post by count »

For a few years the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine website has been without a sponsor. A few persons contacted us over the last year about sponsoring the site but the contacts did not lead to results.

Without a committed sponsor we must rely on donations to keep the site going. Since November 1, 2013 the total donations received up to today (Aug 5, 2014) is $75.00. Our goal is to raise $650 annually. If the goal is not reached the site will be shut down.

If you want to keep the website active please donate whatever amount you think suitable. Donations can be anonymous or you can choose to place your name on the Recognition Wall. The running total of donations is located on the homepage between the Donate Button and the Recognition Wall. You will see the total increase by the amount of your donation.

Donations can be made on the LDM homepage. http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com

Thank you for your support,

Webmaster
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: Donations needed to keep LDM website alive

Post by Cubfan64 »

Is there a possibility that if the website is deactivated, that the entire contents can be "archived" in such a way that they can be provided to folks on disc or in some other way?
count
Expert

Post by count »

Not really practical. This is a dynamic website and the content is in a database so a local web server would be needed to view it. The content is not a series of pages like on a static website.
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

count wrote:Not really practical. This is a dynamic website and the content is in a database so a local web server would be needed to view it. The content is not a series of pages like on a static website.
Yeah, I sorta expected that but had to ask just in case. It'll be a shame to see so much discussion and history lost if enough funds aren't collected, but everything runs it's course I guess.

Thanks for the notice.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Joe,

I have been asked if there is a timeline on the donations. Hope you reach your goal.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
count
Expert

Post by count »

The first donation was received 2013-11-01. Since the goal is annual the date by which we need to reach it for this year is October 31, 2014.

Thank you Joe and the anonymous donors for your contributions.
Potbelly Jim
Part Timer

Post by Potbelly Jim »

Count, please contact me at my e-mail address re: sponsor for this site. Thanks, Jim
Jim R.