Expert

9th. Annual Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I received this e-mail from Wayne:

Date: 7/28/2013 6:07:57 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 9TH Annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

The 9th annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous will take place October 25th,26th & 27th 2013 at the Dons camp located at the Peralta trailhead in the Superstition mountains. This annual event is open to everyone and no reservations are required. Camp areas at the Dons camp are first come/first serve. There is no water in the camp but there are toilet facilities.

The rendezvous has featured such guest speakers as: Thomas Glover, Clay Worst Jack San Felice, Jesse Feldman, Robert Schoose, and Bob Corbin. We have also had the pleasure of sharing our campfire with so many notable Dutch Hunters such as Tom Kollenborn, Jack Carlson, Greg Davis, Richard Robinson, Ron Feldman, Baker Looney, Elizabeth Stewart and Ken and Nancy McCullough.

It is a one of a kind event and has included hikes into the mountains, visits to the historical Quarter Circle U and one of a kind discussions around camp on every and any subject concerning the Superstition mountains.

I can be reached via this email or on facebook at the Dutch Hunter rendezvous site.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: 9th. Annual Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

You should bring your own drinks, and a little firewood never hurts. We had more kids and wives last year than ever before. I believe they all enjoyed the weekend.

Wayne, Greg and Randy do us all a great service by setting this event up every year. Make your plans now, and don't miss out on the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.......again.

The gate for the Don's Camp will be open Friday morning for early arrivals. There is plenty of room to set up your camp, close to others or a bit farther away if you're so inclined.

Hope to see more wives and kids this year, as it's a good family outing. .

East on 60 to Peralta Rd. Left on paved......it turns into hard packed dirt. There will be signs at the Don's Camp entrance,(it's a left turn) but if you get to Peralta Trailhead, you have gone too far. Once you turn off Peralta Rd. come in a little ways and look to your right. The gate to the camp will be uphill from you.

Joe Ribaudo
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Only nine (9) days until the Don's Camp gate will be opened for the 9th. annual Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous. I don't know what time the gate will be unlocked, but if you get in touch with Wayne, he can give you a better idea.

Wayne Tuttle
[email protected]
602-501-2898

Randy is not working the Rendezvous this year, so it won't do any good to call him.

Carolyn and I will be there early evening Thursday night. We will probably bring a bucket of chicken for early arrivals. Food this year is still up in the air as to when and what will be available. Figure on bringing your own until I make an announcement on the forums. SSAR mentioned bringing out their BBQ wagon and cooking hamburgers and hot dogs. they mentioned charging $5. a plate, but that is still up in the air. We are trying to get that firmed up now.

See you all there.

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

The Don's Camp gate will be open Thursday afternoon, October 24th. for early arrivals. I will probably pick up a bucket of K-Fried. If anyone else wants to bring something, feel free to do so.

I will have stew and garlic toast made for around fifty people for Fri. night.......first come first serve until we run out. Probably start around 5-6:00. Wayne will make chili for Sat. night, same program. Donations will be welcome. We have been informed that SSAR BBQ Wagon will not be coming.

You should have your own food for all other meals. I don't know if anyone is bringing a BBQ, so if you plan on doing that it would be nice to have it announced here. Water, ice and firewood are usually needed.

Carolyn and I will arrive early evening on Thursday the 24th.

If needed, e-mail me at [email protected]

See you there,

Joe
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

We are less than a week out from the Rendezvous and I wanted to put a reminder out. Guest speakers will be Saturday evening after sunset and everyone's finished with their meals. Anyone interested and has something they would want to share involving any research, stories, etc..just contact me and we can schedule you in. The multiple speakers have worked well for the past couple of years and gives us a little breathing room as peoples schedules and so forth can change up to the Rendezvous weekend.

We are at the Dons camp again, this is just off Peralta road, just off to the left before the Peralta trail head parking lot. We will have signage up to help direct you in if need be.

We will be having Stew on Friday and Chili on Saturday evenings respectively first come/first serve for about 50 people. Camping areas are first come/first serve as well. Remember no fires except in designated areas and/or contained devices as per regulations. No discharging of fire arms in the camp . Pets must be leashed and please haul out any trash that can't be burned. We are guests of the Dons and appreciate them allowing us to use the camp each year for the Rendezvous. They are contractually bound by their lease with the forestry service and we hope to continue as guests for years to come.

Our Saturday morning hike will take us up Cardiac Hill and down into Barks Canyon. We will take an easy pace and leave after breakfasts are wrapped up Saturday morning. The hike can change due to weather, etc,...but the outlook is good again this year for 3 great days over the weekend.

Gates will be opened up Thursday afternoon for the early out of town arrivals. There are restrooms, but no running water in the camp.

Remember the Rendezvous is about sharing the stories, research and history of the Superstition Mountains and an opportunity to do this in a positive atmosphere. Visit, share and welcome everyone as it is our Rendezvous to make a success as a whole.

I am looking forward again to seeing everyone and looking forward to another weekend among friends to share our common ground in our interest in the history of The Superstition Mountains.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Looks like I will have some extra time this year, so I will be there this year. FINALLY!

EVEN THOUGH...... I was just there last Thursday. The cliffs at sunset are beautiful!

Best -- Mike
Attachments
cliffsatsunset.jpg
cliffsatsunset.jpg (88.81 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Mike,

Looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

See you there,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Received this from Wayne this morning:

We are less than a week out from the Rendezvous and I wanted to put a reminder out. Guest speakers will be Saturday evening after sunset and everyone's finished with their meals. Anyone interested and has something they would want to share involving any research, stories, etc..just contact me and we can schedule you in. The multiple speakers have worked well for the past couple of years and gives us a little breathing room as peoples schedules and so forth can change up to the Rendezvous weekend.

We are at the Dons camp again, this is just off Peralta road, just off to the left before the Peralta trail head parking lot. We will have signage up to help direct you in if need be.

We will be having Stew on Friday and Chili on Saturday evenings respectively first come/first serve for about 50 people. Camping areas are first come/first serve as well. Remember no fires except in designated areas and/or contained devices as per regulations. No discharging of fire arms in the camp . Pets must be leashed and please haul out any trash that can't be burned. We are guests of the Dons and appreciate them allowing us to use the camp each year for the Rendezvous. They are contractually bound by their lease with the forestry service and we hope to continue as guests for years to come.

Our Saturday morning hike will take us up Cardiac Hill and down into Barks Canyon. We will take an easy pace and leave after breakfasts are wrapped up Saturday morning. The hike can change due to weather, etc,...but the outlook is good again this year for 3 great days over the weekend.

Gates will be opened up Thursday afternoon for the early out of town arrivals. There are restrooms, but no running water in the camp.

Remember the Rendezvous is about sharing the stories, research and history of the Superstition Mountains and an opportunity to do this in a positive atmosphere. Visit, share and welcome everyone as it is our Rendezvous to make a success as a whole.

I am looking forward again to seeing everyone and looking forward to another weekend among friends to share our common ground in our interest in the history of The Superstition Mountains.

Wayne/Zentull

See you all there,

Joe Ribaudo