ERNIE PROVENCE

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

ERNIE PROVENCE

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

I just got off the phone with a voice from my past. When I got home, Carolyn told me that Ernie had called earlier and left his #. I callled him and we talked for quite awhile.
He seemed in good spirits and sounded strong, although he has had some heart problems.

We will talk again soon, and I will pass along anything Ernie says is OK. I will give some of Ernie's history with my family as well.

My thanks to Buscar.......

Take care,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: ERNIE PROVENCE

Post by Cubfan64 »

That's great Joe - bet he enjoyed the conversation too. Maybe he has some new stories regarding the LaFrance gold bars?
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

That's what I thought when I saw the title of the thread.

Looking forward to some follow up.

Mike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Guys,

It was a great pleasure for me to talk to Ernie. Memories of my days with Uncle Chuck and Ernie came flooding back. The last time I saw Ernie was around thirty-years ago, when he looked us up at the Italian restaurant we built up in Ramona, CA.

I don't really remember the details of Ernie talking about the cave of gold bars, just that it happened a number of times. I will ask him to tell me what he remembers and get it written down this time. He was also on the search for Bob Brady's cave of gold bars over by Weaver's Needle. Brady said on Bluff Spring Mt., but I am wondering about that these days.

Ernie also had a personal run in with the Black Legion. Interesting story as I remember it.

He said he wants to come down to AJ this winter, so I will do my best to get him out to the Rendezvous. Trust me when I say, that should be a treat for everyone there. He is one of the best story tellers of all time, at least he used to be.

This could turn out to be one of the best Rendezvous' ever. Thomas Glover has told me he will try and make it out this year. If someone could talk Clay Worst into coming back, it would be a barn burner. I am starting to get excited about this years event.

Ernie is trying to get back online, and will likely sign up on Ron Feldman's LDM Forum.
I am not sure if he's aware of TNet, but he says he has been following me on the Internet.

Take care,

Joe
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

everytime someone brings up the black legion...flashback
i keep remembering some good times out at the massacre grounds...
i was hanging out with some apache back then...and when i first heard the story of the big guys in black leather...well...they were good to me anyway...if the people i was with were the legion...who knows?
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

That's great Joe, I look forward to hearing those stories from him if he is able to make it.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"