JIM HATT

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

JIM HATT

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I understand that Jim Hatt has had some serious health problems of late. Despite our long standing war of words, I wish him a speedy recovery and zero complications. Being in the health industry, Carolyn and I see way too much suffering up close.

For those of you who know Jim or have exchanged information with him in the past, I imagine he could use some words of encouragement and good wishes right now.

Jim, good luck at this challenging time in your life.

Joe Ribaudo
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Re: JIM HATT

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

well i don't know him..but since i have been sickly all month...
i am sending prayers for his recovery...or lack of pain...which ever is most important.
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Jim is starting to post online again after some absence. He should be back to ornery in no time. I have already sent him detailed instructions on the proper use of a stomach feeding tube for direct beer ingestion.

We all hope is stays on recovery road.

Mike
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

that last "is" should read "he" :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mike
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

There was a post by Travis (Dirty Dutchman) this morning, that Jim Hatt had passed away. No information from any other source at this time.

Joe Ribaudo
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I received an email as well concerning Jim's passing. I am very sorry to hear of his passing. I regret never taking him up on the several offers to go hiking. I enjoyed my discussions with him and also regret I never got him hooked up with Bilbrey.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
buscar
Part Timer

Post by buscar »

I am sorry to hear of Jim’s passing. I never met him, but we shared lots of e-mail. He sure knew the Superstition Mountains and the stories that went along with them. I too regret never taking him up on the offers to go hiking. I will miss the e-mails.

buscar :(
Somehiker
Part Timer

Post by Somehiker »

Truly a day of sadness for those of us who knew Jim Hatt.
We will not forget the man,his knowledge,or his kindness and generosity to each of us.
We will honour him with memories of hours of earnest conversation and days spent on mountain trails.
Farewell Jim.
Godspeed.
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Glad I had an opportunity to hike with him last fall one time and meet him in person. He certainly fit the profile of one of "Coronado's Children," and his passing leaves yet another hole in the history of the Superstitions and Lost Dutchman Mine.

Rest in peace and my condolences to his wife and family.
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

zentull wrote:I received an email as well concerning Jim's passing. I am very sorry to hear of his passing. I regret never taking him up on the several offers to go hiking. I enjoyed my discussions with him and also regret I never got him hooked up with Bilbrey.
Zentull,

Jim had Bilbrey's Phone Number and address. I think he had spoken with him at one time, because he told me that Bilbrey was mad at him for dredging up the whole thing online again. He gave me Bilbrey's contact info, but I left it to him to get back in touch. Looks like that won't happen now.

Jim was always there with information, names, suggestions, or whatever for me. We had our go rounds like everybody else when I didn't see his same conclusions of different things, but Jim was always there to help talk something through.

I will miss Jim Hatt.

Mike
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

well...the thing about car accidents an head injuries...ya forget real important stuff...

i was lurking over at treasurenet...i rarely go there anymore...but for some reason....
and here is a thread about dutchman hunters passing on....

imagine my surprise at peters pic...damn.{duh, flagstaff is norther arizona right?}
and then jim's pic...
barely a year older...an someone i recognize, from when i lived out in apache junction...

and i am sorry about your father joe...i never knew i was a mommies boy til she was gone.

damn.

bless them all.