Just a thought

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
alan m
Part Timer

Just a thought

Post by alan m »

Has it occured to anyone that the Peralta Stone Tablets are NOT related to the Lost Dutchman? They may actually lead to a hidden Jesuit treasure. Marie Celeste Jones was convinced that there was one in the mountains and she was backed by others convinced of it as well. There are more item in common with the tablet symbols and the Jesuits than Charles Polzer would like to admit.

When you eliminate the impossible then what is left, however improbable it may seem, must be the truth.

Alan
djui5
Expert

Re: Just a thought

Post by djui5 »

What if they aren't a map of the Superstitions? :lol:
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Travis Tumlinson was sure of the area covered as was Clarence Mitchell, now it is likely that clarence got his information directly from Tumlinson but still all accounts indicate that tumlinson knew the tablets pertained to the Superstiton's
Alan
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Alan,

If you want to read a bit more in depth on Marie Jones and Jesuit Treasures in the Supers follow this link:

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 93ebe608fe

I am Gollum on that forum.

Best-Mike
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Alan,

In an article in Desert Magazine, Father Polzer SJ admitted the possibility of hidden Jesuit Church Ornaments, just not coin and bullion.

Isn't that exactly what the Legend of Jesuit Treasure in the Supers describes?

The reason Tumlinson was sure they applied to the Supers was based on where he found them.

Best-Mike
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Mike
I think we should form a Jesuit treasure hunters club, or at least a library!
I have a story for you about a Jesuit treasure in South America, it is described in a letter written by a Jesuit and it is as follows; oops I can't attach the file, well anyway it describes a statue of solid gold hidden in a cave and gives cryptic instructions on how to find it. The story can be found in the book titled " Treasures of the world " by Robert Charroux
Best Regards
Alan
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Mike
Just for a moment
What if he did'nt find them at Queen Creek but knew that they pertained to the Superstitons because of the progress he made in deciphering them?
This would imply that he had some additional information that he never revealed, perhaps there were additional pieces to the Horse/Priest tablet.
Just a crazy idea
Best
Alan
Mike McChesney
Expert

Post by Mike McChesney »

Alan,

The stone maps are just vague enough to apply to many places. There are a few people over the years that Tumlinson would have told if there was anything else to tell.

>1. When he loaned them to his Uncle Robert, he drew a map to where he found them. He would have, at the time, told him.

>2. He had some very good friends in Apache Junction he would have asked for assistance. Charlie Miller being one. After all, he was a retired Police Officer from Oregon.

>3. His wife Aileen. There came a point in time when his infirmity went past the point of no return. He had already taken the stones back from his uncle. I doubt he would want to leave his wife with the stones but not any secret info he had. After Travis' death in 1961, when Aileen sold the stones to an old family friend named Clarence Mitchell, there was no secret knowledge imparted.

I don't think his deciphering went very far. He kept the stone maps a secret (for the most part), and made at least a dozen trips into the mountains and never found squat.

You also have to remember that the Latin Heart was found very close to the spot Tumlinson marked on his map showing where he found the stones.

No, just too many common sense little things that say he found them right where he said he found them. Just be careful that you don't read too much into something that there is no evidence for.

Best-Mike
alan m
Part Timer

Post by alan m »

Mike
Thank-you for the info, you should write a book, I would buy it.
There is a lot of information that you provide that I have not seen in any of the books I've read. I can see how a story such as the one about the alibaster cross on Weavers Needle can snowball. It seems that it was a fabrication on Curt Gentry's part.
As for Tumlinson I am becomming convinced of the truth behind the location for where the tablets were found although it still is hard to believe that they could have survived for over 100 years.
Best Regards
Alan