More lost hikers

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
zentull
Expert

More lost hikers

Post by zentull »

3 more guys are lost in the Superstitions this weekend. One of them was a guy who got lost and needed rescued last year......

Az central has the story and channel 10 had Marshall Trimble do a nice LDM piece. Channel 3 had quotes from Jim Hatt.

I think that makes 5 this year that made the news. Two were rescued earlier this year and Jesse Capens is still unresolved.

I don't understand folks very well I suppose. I have worked in the Arizona sun most of my life and one look at most of these folks tells me they have no business out there period. I had to be out in it at 112 degrees today, it's my job. If I had a choice on an air conditioned cubicle I would take it believe me.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
lazarus
Expert

Re: More lost hikers

Post by lazarus »

This story is heartbreaking. I also did an article on it, and I'm planning a follow-up shortly.

I guess I don't understand any better than you do... why would anyone go out there this time of year? Madness, perhaps.

Anyone who might have something they wish to share on the subject can contact me. I'm also looking for any information I may not have picked up from the media...
Accuracy is always a plus.

Brad
(Lazarus)
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Long time, no hear from ya Brad.

I was out talking to the Sheriff's department the other day and they are perplexed at 3 guys vanishing like that. The choppers were going in and out at 10 minute intervals and I have to admit I never expected to hear any good news while I was there.

The primary areas that the guys seemed interested in should have made it much easier, but it is hard to wrap your head around where they could of gone at this point and how far and if they got separated from one another. Once you start over analyzing it, you realize you have no clue where to begin or end.

Louis and I talked for a bit and he recognized the guy as the one who got lost in May 2009. He told them not to go...........now Louies got 4 posters up in the front window(Jesse Capens is there as well).

I wish folks would really understand no matter how big and bad you are, the summer can eat you alive out there. Hopefully Brad your articles impart that. It is hard to convince folks not to try and be stupid........They made swimming pools so we could do something in the offseason!!!!
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Zen,
our experiences seems to mirror each other. Gloria and I also took a drive out to First Water just before sunrise on Friday morning. The scene was not one of optimism. I asked a few questions and answered a few. Everyone is baffled.
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Zentull,
thanks for the quote... it fit my needs perfectly. It appears near the end of the article...http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2987 ... re-hunters

I interviewed Louis for nearly an hour last night... he was quite insightful. I will call you in a day or so and we will pick up where we left off... thanks again for all the help with this.

Brad
(Lazarus)