MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

The long awaited new guide book from Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart arrived today. Since I only received it a few minutes ago, I have only glanced through it. Amazingly, it appears to be filled with even more trails and history than "Hiker's Guide".

I can guarantee I will be reading it, cover to cover, in quick order. To say these two folks know what they are doing is a huge understatement. Anyone interested in the Superstition Mountains and the legends that they have spawned should waste no time in getting a copy.

The book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails East: Hikes, Horse Rides, and History", can be purchased from:

Clear Creek Publishing
P.O. Box 24666
Tempe, Arizona 85258

(480) 968-3362

Or you can e-mail Jack at: [email protected]

Jack's website is: clearcreekpublishing.com

This is a MUST HAVE for any serious Dutch Hunter.

Good Hunting,

Joe Ribaudo
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Thanks Joe. Gonna call Jack and get a copy :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

New Guide.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

It was my pleasure to announce Jack and Elizabeth's new book to the LDM Forum. "Hiker's Guide to the Superstition Wilderness" was my constant companion in the Superstitions. It was a handy reference for short-cuts over never travelled ground. The map pages worked out much better than the full sized topo's.

The book, once again, is very well done.

Take care,

Joe
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

Hi Joe - thanks for letting us know it was finished! While Jack and Elizabeth's book(s) are great for Dutchman fanatics, they have as much if not more value for general hiking.

I haven't seen a hiking guide for anywhere else in the U.S. that does a better job of mapping routes along with providing a ton of insight as to the history of the area one is hiking in.

I'll be getting the book asap as well.

Oh - you might want to go back and edit the publishing company website - I think you got the "clear" part spelled wrong.

Cya soon,
Paul
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

Greg showed it to me the other day. Between the 2 hiking books you add 10 pounds to your pack! The hiking guide is probably the book I crack open the most of all of them. I am looking forward to working my legs through this one as well.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Heavy!

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

10# 8O Did you buy your books through Moroni the Book Dealer??? :lol:

Take care,

Joe
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Re: MUST HAVE SUPERSTITION GUIDE BOOK....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

All,

I received a pleasant surprise in yesterdays mail. Jack Carlson and Elizabeth Stewart sent me a copy of their new book, "Superstition Wilderness Trails West: Hikes, Horse Rides, & History".

As usual, their latest effort is informative & packaged in a slick soft cover. Just about any nimrod (used in the least complimentary terms) could find his way through the Supe's with their book and a decent knowledge of his GPS.

Once again, Jack and Elizabeth have done a great service to all users of the Superstition Wilderness Area.

You get: "More than 65 trip descriptions help you explore the Wilderness--aided by maps, GPS coordinates, photographs, and history of prospectors and ranchers."

Their last book covered the trails in the eastern portion of the range.
Cost is $16.95

Good luck,

Joe