"The Hat"

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
CLD
Part Timer

"The Hat"

Post by CLD »

Has anyone heard of a person or persons in relationship to the LDM or the Superstitions in general who call themselves "the hat" and has threatened or menaced any LDM searchers? This is not in reference to the "el sombrero" hat reference. Just curious. :!: :!: :!:
Shhh...........Ok now bite me!
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: "The Hat"

Post by Cubfan64 »

CLD wrote:Has anyone heard of a person or persons in relationship to the LDM or the Superstitions in general who call themselves "the hat" and has threatened or menaced any LDM searchers? This is not in reference to the "el sombrero" hat reference. Just curious. :!: :!: :!:
Haven't heard anything like that at all - however I'm not from the area.
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

What's In A Name.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

CLD,

There are such stories about a Dutch Hunter, who has even drawn his gun on his partner. I have heard these stories, but have no personal knowledge.

Other than curiosity, is there a reason why you ask?

Joe Ribaudo
CLD
Part Timer

The hat

Post by CLD »

Joe...I found written in the dust on my vehicle the words "face the hat". This was about six months ago and I believe it was in direct relation to my searching for the LDM. I had at the time been online studying what I could that is available on-line...and also been on google earth...been exploring into the San Tans, around Florence Junction and into the superstition foothills. When I was poking around the line of small hills in the "goldcamp" area around the golfcourse, I noticed several times unusual looks and what I would term "menacing" eyelocks (so to speak) from Native Americans in Four wheel drive pickup trucks...two different trucks, and one jeep. Then I came out to my van one morning...I think it was the next morning , in my driveway...and it said "face the hat" on the passenger side door panel and had some strange symbol type things as well. One of them looked like a person on a surfboard swooping out of the sky. I kid you not Joe. Another one was a line drawing that looked like someone dancing in a whirlwind or dust devil. What the crap? Have you ever heard of this nonsense??? Am I being warned or something? Someone also has been "stacking" some of the rocks that I have in my front yard. Any ideas???
buscar
Part Timer

Post by buscar »

CLD,

Do you have any pictures of the strange symbol type things found written in the dust on your vehicle? They would interesting to see.

buscar :)

There's gold in them thar stories and that's where most of it is.
CLD
Part Timer

symbols

Post by CLD »

Buscar...nope, no pictures because I didn't have any idea what was going on. I figured it might be some neighborhood kids. Then I came across Joe's posting about the "men in black" etc etc etc and it got me thinking. They were more like a stylized type of drawing than a symbol I guess. almost like graffiti.
CLD
Part Timer

Joe

Post by CLD »

Any interest in sharing that hearsay story about the LDM searchers partner with me? If so my email is [email protected]
CLD
Part Timer

the hat

Post by CLD »

Joe,
I was in no way inferring that your story was not true. I just have been so eager to learn if anyone else has ever had this happen to them recently. It was this experience that led me to your forum and to your several years old 'men in black" type postings. I'm not trying to mess with you and I'm not trying to use this forum to "glorify" myself and make it look like I had something big happen to me. Don't want even 15 minutes of fame. Anyway it seems that no one else has anything to add so time to move on. thanks