2008 rendezvous

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Stew Notes.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Randy,

Thanks in advance. If anything happens, we will just park in that lot outside the gate.

Wayne,

I have only had a few people respond to having stew with us, or biscuits and Italian sausage gravy for breakfast Saturday morning. I will have enough to feed 20 people for both meals. It will be first come first serve except for the people who have responded. If they are late arriving, I will save some for them.

See you guys soon,

Joe
NeedleMan
Greenhorn

Post by NeedleMan »

How much does it cost for this Rendezvous camping?
Do you need to be invited to go there and camp?

Thanks,

Needleman
NeedleMan
Greenhorn

Post by NeedleMan »

Sorry, I didn't know it was that same arizona rangers Rendezvous that was held last year.

Are there going to be cops running around the camp ground again this year?

Bobby
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

You really have no clue?

The Arizona Rangers are a historical group of volunteers. Some may be out to camp again with us. Several are veteran Dutch Hunters and had some great stories to share.

Still free.....it's based on our approved annual budget of.....nothing.

Tour of the Ranch....free
Campfire with Clay Worst.....free
Hike to Crawfords mines with Greg Davis....free
Camping....free
Joe's first come,first serve grub.....free

Pictures of Peter in his jammies though cost 10 dollars a pop.
"Be Careful of What You Do Before A Lie Becomes The Truth"
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

He's Baaaack.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne,

It's the same thing every year. The closer we get to the Rendezvous, the more the folks who would never think of attending try to stir up trouble.

Despite the same efforts that have gone on since our first event, I believe this one will probably be the best. I expect it will continue to grow bigger and better with each succeeding year.

The detractors will, once again, be standing outside wistfully looking in.

Take care,

Joe
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

How would the hike to Crawford's mine be rated? I don't see it mentioned in The Hikers Guide.
Thanks.
Steve.
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I would think it's easy? Moderate? The trail until the cutoff up the wash is very easy (Dutchman trail from Peralta trailhead). We will turn up the first north trending wash/canyon and I would think it's a 1/2 mile to the mine from there. The mines are up in the first right hand alcove as you head in. If you continue on and hold to the left you will end up in Barks canyon and hit the Bluff Springs trail. Actually I think you end up on the Bluff springs trail if you go right as well.

I don't think you can see the workings from the Dutchman trail cause they are on the south side of that alcove, you can see them from the Bluff springs trail though looking south.

The wash is just beyond the old road that used to go south to the Quarter Circle U. It probably is just over a mile to that junction.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

That would be an easy hike and one everyone could attend. I've been wanting to see that mine myself :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
SGnAZ
Greenhorn

Post by SGnAZ »

Thanks for the replies.I drove up to the camp yesterday morning to check out the road,and it is fine,might be a little tight towing the trailer in some spots,but it is manageable.Looking forward to a great time.
Steve
NeedleMan
Greenhorn

Post by NeedleMan »

I wouldn't pay ten bucks to see a peter in it's jammie, I'm not gay.
You guys can play hide the peter games if you want to but leave me out!

But since you're basically saying the Rangers are not cops and work for free I may be interested in going there now. I'll need to see if I can get some time off from active duty this weekend.

Save some room for me at camp. I love to hike!

Hold the "peter" jokes please.

Bobby
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

We will keep a "Peter" free zone just for you.....

Probably will be quiet here until next week. I just finished loading up and Randy opened the gate a few hours ago.
billp
Greenhorn

Dick Walp Injured

Post by billp »

On my drive out of Peralta today, Dick Walp called me and advised he was involved in an accident in Anthem where a car hit him while he and his wife were riding on bicycles. The main injury is a very sore knee and shoulder, but other than that, no broken bones. So, he extended his apology for not making the Rendevous. If anybody happens to read this today and you are heading out to The Dons Camp tonight, please let folks know.

Thanks, Bill
djui5
Expert

Re: Dick Walp Injured

Post by djui5 »

billp wrote:On my drive out of Peralta today, Dick Walp called me and advised he was involved in an accident in Anthem where a car hit him while he and his wife were riding on bicycles. The main injury is a very sore knee and shoulder, but other than that, no broken bones. So, he extended his apology for not making the Rendevous. If anybody happens to read this today and you are heading out to The Dons Camp tonight, please let folks know.

Thanks, Bill
Whoa! Glad he's ok. Send him my regards please. Oh, it was great meeting you Bill :)
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
zentull
Expert

Post by zentull »

I would to thank everyone for such a great outing this year. It seems difficult to match the previous years rendezvous each time, but campfire talk with Clay Worst and Bob Corbin will be very hard to beat.

A big thank you to Clay and Bob and Greg for keeping things rolling.

As always thank you to Joe and Caroline for feeding us and all their hospitality.

Thank you to Dave(Grayhair) for the CD compilation of the first 3 rendezvous. Great slideshow Dave.

Thanks to Dave Cook for sharing the First Water treasure story and Aurum for adding the "Crazy Jake Treasure" to the list.

From a night cap in Clays camp to Joe's great story about his Uncle Chucks revolver......there were some great stories flowing all the time.

I believe Clay could of talked about gardening and we all would have been attentive.

Thank you to everyone and hopefully Roger and Paul will have some great stories next year from their stay up on the mesa this week for us next year.
djui5
Expert

Post by djui5 »

Just wanna second what Wayne said. Very glad I could spend the time I did there. It was an incredible experience.
Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

Enzo Ferrari
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Our Thanks.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Wayne and Randy,

Our thanks for another wonderful Dutch Hunters' Rendezvous. It was great having some new people attend, and the added pleasure of Clay Worst and Bob Corbin in camp was a real feather in your caps. I know others were involved in that, and our thanks go out to them as well.

The fact that attendance was down this year did not detract from the good time we had. Sunday morning talk was a treat for Carolyn and I, but we didn't manage to break camp until noon. 8O

I am already looking forward to next years event.

Great job!!!!

Take care,

Joe