general question

Discuss information about the Lost Dutchman Mine
Cubfan64
Expert

Post by Cubfan64 »

*sigh*

I've never run across so many intelligent grown adults who act like children sometimes in my life! If you read that and feel it might be addressed to you, then it probably is.

Joe - would you be willing to move your political posts from the "LDM Discussions Moderated by Joe Ribaudo Forum" to the "First Amendment Forum"? I assumed the LDM Discussion forum was meant for LDM related topics anyway.

This entire forum has such a great accumulation of information, discussion and knowledge related to the Superstitions and LDM that I'd hate to see it end up in the trash heap down the road. There are really only a handful of regular posters here anymore as it is - even that won't last if things start deteriorating like this.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

Post by pippinwhitepaws »

i am not sure what missed...everyone was whining about my map of the hollow earth....?
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Correct....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

You are correct. I went back and......adjusted my posts. This Forum is for comments about the LDM. Hopefully the management will remove Coopers comments. They belong elsewhere. If any of mine are offensive, I assume they will be deleated by Joe. I have no problem with that.

Joe Ribaudo
lazarus
Expert

Make My Day

Post by lazarus »

If Joe (the webmaster) chooses to remove them, I'm sure I'll survive.

The wisest decision would be for us to put some miles between us and this latest pothole.

Pip,

you are correct.
While you were eating your Wheaties, a pissing match erupted over your supposed 'Hollow Earth' map. This was all your fault... oh, and mine too, I guess. Alright... I admit it... it was my fault. :wink:

ps
the emoticons are so silly. :roll:

laz
lazarus
Expert

GCC

Post by lazarus »

Guys,

which reminds me...
have any of you ever visited the Grand Canyon Caverns?

Laz
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

i have not been into the caverns...wet caves are so fragile...
Cubfan64
Expert

Re: GCC

Post by Cubfan64 »

lazarus wrote:Guys,

which reminds me...
have any of you ever visited the Grand Canyon Caverns?

Laz
Laz - I've never even seen the Grand Canyon - as a matter of fact, the only times I've ever been to Arizona are last year's Rendevouz and this past March when I visited to go hiking again.

After Randy posted the article about the Havasupai being evacuated due to flooding, I found some sites with photos of that area and I was amazed at how beautiful the valleys were with the waterfalls and such - that's on my list of places to visit now as well as the Grand Canyon. The other area I'd like to visit is Sedona - I hear nothing but good things about how beautiful the scenery and weather are there.
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

it is a purty big hole in the ground...
havasu falls is beautiful when it isn't flooded...permits required for access.

sedona is full of people...i went down that way yesterday...oak creek was like driving in a destruction derby...

if you go to the grand canyon..drop down to prescott thru ashfork...go see what lynx creek looks like...those old timers washed just about every rock down there....
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

oops...not to say sedona area is not beautiful...there are several day hikes that lead to beauty...all the medicine wheels down there are by vortexers...

well worth a few days of your time to do the circle...
great navajo tacos in cameron...neat old bridge across the little colorado...
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Better Get Moving.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

pip's advice is on the mark but you better move to Arizona, because once you get started you will need years not weeks. :lol:

There are a number of good books on what took place in the Bradshaws, but one of my favorites is: "THE MANY LIVES OF THE LYNX" A Century of Mining on Lynx Creek Between 1863 and 1963" by, Alvina Potter.

Probably a good idea to try to find it in a library, as it's a little pricey to purchase. If your interested and can't locate a copy, I will loan you mine.

I belong to the Roadrunner Prospecters club, and they have a lot of claims
in the Bradshaws. A bit of gold is still being taken out of that area. The Bully Bueno Mine was claimed last year, but we saw no evidence of any work having been performed since we first visited it. In fact, I don't believe anyone had even been out that road, as it was very overgrown.

The trip down from Lower Wolf Creek Campground was a great ride. Having two old time Dutch Hunters in camp with us made for a perfect weekend. You would have loved it.

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

AZ

Post by lazarus »

Paul,
all three of you are correct.
There is a great deal to see in Arizona. The Bradshaws are full of Gold. A few years back I went up there with this mining savant. He waved around his metal detector for about two minutes, picked up one rock, through it on the floor of his truck, and told me to take it home.

It weighed out over eight pounds and an expert put the value at around eight thousand dollars. I broke it into pieces and I give chunks away as gifts.

That's the best place near the valley, if you are really serious about finding Gold. I prefer hiking for the beauty of nature. I just usually choose a location I can tie in with my research.

The Mogollon Rim is a great place to visit, and it's cool and green, and there's an abundance of water and spectacular views. Amazing!

Laz
lazarus
Expert

Pip

Post by lazarus »

Pip,

I love Cameron. I've taken dozens of photos, and I've been meaning to write an article on the place, but I just haven't figured out my approach.

I guess there was once an impressive waterfall just east of the old bridge, (up-stream on the Little Colorado), but I don't know a thing about it. I bet Joe will. That's the kind of thing Joe excels at.

Of course, over in Joe's neck of the woods, there's an odd little tourist trap known as the 'London Bridge'. It's worth seeing if you happen to be in the area. I took some photos over there last year, but they aren't much to look at, which kind of defeats the purpose. The surrounding terrain, however, is full of spectacular vistas. (give or take a hundred miles.)

Laz
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Rich Stuff.....

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

I hope you can find out where that eight pound rock came from, because at $8,000 value, it works out to $2,000,000.00 a short ton. Those were really fine gifts.

Keep it quite, because if it gets out, there might be a little run on the Bradshaws.... :D

I have been to Sedona a few times, and the area around it is a great place to visit, but it is one hell of a crowded tourist trap these days. Quite artsy. There are wonderfully talented sculptors and painters all over the place. The Bronze Native American and wildlife sculptures are the best.

Take care,

Joe
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

my dad was selling real estate out there when the bridge arrived..everyone was pissed it wasn't the "London bridge" they paid for...

lots of tales about cameron...lost gold...hole the hopi crawled out of...ect...
a guy fell out there last winter...they waited till spring to go get him...difficult climb in the ice...
Joe Ribaudo
Expert

Cameron.......

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

Paul,

Never been to Cameron, but I do know it's history. Cameron and the man the town was named for is an interesting part of Arizona history.

Ralph Henry Cameron also has a bit of history with the Park Service, and it wasn't all good. I would imagine pip would know that history.

Having lived and worked in Farmington NM, I am familiar with Navajo Tacos and Fry Bread. I know better than to order more than one. We used to go to the Rodeo's in Ignacio all the time. Navajo Tacos and Fry Bread were a staple. Bit of honey on the Fry Bread, and you were ready to go.

Lot's of folks from cold country, like where you live, like to retire down here. Those that just can't give up their homes, often spend their winters right here and head back when the snow starts to melt.

Take care,

Joe
lazarus
Expert

All True

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

I was told the value was due in part because of the type of ore. There is a great deal of gold in the rock, but I would have had to find a buyer, which meant looking for a buyer, which of course, is nothing I should really engage in for ethical reasons.

The guy is amazing. He is younger than me. He paid off his new house and put his daughter through college, and still has glass jars full of nuggets. One nugget, from the area around Congress, was nearly the size of the palm of my hand.

No-one will tell me why, but he is currently serving time. I don't even want to guess.

Laz
lazarus
Expert

Wow!

Post by lazarus »

Joe,

I must admit, however...
your math is quite compelling, as there is easily a ton of the stuff out there.
I doubt it goes that high, but that is most certainly not my focus nor my expertise. Not by a long-shot.

As I have stated before, I am almost afraid to even talk about gold, due to the potential negative ramifications. I'd rather not make a dime off of gold.

Laz
djui5
Expert

Re: AZ

Post by djui5 »

lazarus wrote:The Bradshaws are full of Gold.
Yes it is!! 8O 8O
The Mogollon Rim is a great place to visit, and it's cool and green, and there's an abundance of water and spectacular views. Amazing!
Laz

Love that place:

Randy Wright
Hobbiest LDM seeker
Mesa, AZ

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to piss his pants."
Enzo Ferrari
lazarus
Expert

Post by lazarus »

Randy,

my wife and I like to canoe Bear Canyon lake, but it takes some patience getting the canoe down to the water. Up is a nightmare. Woods Canyon is also great, and a heck of a lot easier.

I made the mistake of once pitching a tent right on top of an Elk trail. About three or four in the morning, they came through, with no intention of going around. Since they wanted nothing to do with the car, they tiptoed through our tent lines, brushing against the tent. I'm sure they were aware we were inside, but they apparently knew where they wanted to go, and weren't going to let the tent stop them.

That's not normal, that I'm aware of. It was breathtaking!

Brad
pippinwhitepaws
Expert

ok, so we now have cubbie running in circles around arizona...somebody get a GPS tracker hooked to his backpack...